Quality Improvement and LGBT Clients
Suggestions on how to incorporate an evaluation of substance abuse treatment services for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) clients into an agency’s quality improvement program. It will help leaders create questions and monitor responses about the issues and recommendations raised throughout this volume.
The conceptual framework common to all quality improvement programs includes the following steps:
• Define quality in terms of concrete functional processes and outcomes that can be assessed
• Implement some means of measuring such processes and outcomes
• Evaluate the data over time with respect to goals and/or external benchmarks
• Analyze the factors and processes that impact performance
• Identify priorities for improvement
• Make process and procedural changes as appropriate
• Continuously monitor the effects of these changes.