This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Anonymous 8 years, 9 months ago.
- November 1, 2015 at 4:32 pm #4197322
:c031:September 27, 2016 at 6:05 pm #4197325
i work on every day lately but the problem is when working withsome one f2f they spread the word to others i fill this is wrong so how do you know who to trust other than your hp i say my serenity prayer & this one below & read all i can online of AA for i get more out of onine aa than i do f2f meetings
Five Finger Prayer?
This is so neat. I had never heard this before. This is beautiful – and it is surely worth making the 5 finger prayer a part of our lives.?
1.?Your thumb?is nearest you. So begin your prayers by praying for those closest to you. They are the easiest to remember. To pray for our loved ones is, as C. S. Lewis once said, a ‘sweet duty.’?
2. The?next finger?is the pointing finger. Pray for those who teach, instruct and heal. This includes teachers, doctors, and ministers. They need support and wisdom in pointing others in the right direction. Keep them in your prayers.
3. The?next finger?is the tallest finger. It reminds us of our leaders. Pray for the president, leaders in business and industry, and administrators. These people shape our nation and guide public opinion. They need God’s guidance.
4. The?fourth finger?is our ring finger. Surprising to many is the fact that this is our weakest finger, as any piano teacher will testify. It should remind us to pray for those who are weak, in trouble or in pain. They need your prayers day and night. You cannot pray too much for them.
5. And lastly comes our?little finger?- the smallest finger of all which is where we should place ourselves in relation to God and others. As the Bible says, ‘The least shall be the greatest among you.’ Your pinkie should remind you to pray for yourself. By the time you have prayed for the other four groups, your own needs will be put into proper perspective and you will be able to pray for yourself more effectively.?
If you decide to send this to a friend, you might brighten someone’s day!?
Don’t tell God how big your storm is;
Tell the storm how big your God is!!!!!:wild:rotfxkoSeptember 28, 2016 at 3:39 am #4197324
I wouldn’t recommend doing a 5th step with anyone other than a sponsor. Some have used priests or therapists but I think there are some distinct benefits to doing step 5 with your sponsor.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.