What is your take on this? | 12 Step Meetings and Anonymous Groups - Part 2

What is your take on this?



This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  zeldachan 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 4 through 6 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #4834983

    zeldachan
    Member

    @Kjell 2818501 wrote:

    I didn’t know step 1 was a two part step. Guess I got this one right, or more specifically, my sponsor and home group taught me correctly.

    You are the first person I have ever heard say that. I like that. Around here it’s always been broken down in two parts.



    #4834987

    Anonymous

    Thats very interesting. I thought if we are powerless of our addiction then our lives are unmanageable. Thats why I thought it was one. Thanks for sharing.



    #4834984

    jacque
    Member

    For me, I experience it as two parts and both are true. I’m powerless over alcohol and my life’s become unmanageable (drunk or sober).

    The ABC’s cover the 1st step as 2 parts as well: that we were alcoholic and could not manage our own lives.

    Steps 2 and 3 address the unmanageability: the insanity that ensues when I’m managing then making a decision to give up that management of my will and of my entire life to the care of a power greater than myself.

    If it’s only unmanageable WHEN I’m drinking, then stopping drinking should restore order – and that’s not my experience when I just don’t drink.

    In fact, I’ve learned through my experience that the powerlessness over alcohol accounted for maaaaaybe 10% of my life’s problems. The other 90% stem from my management techniques and my poor abilities to run the show….I don’t possess the necessary power to do it well.



Viewing 3 posts - 4 through 6 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.