This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Anonymous 8 years, 3 months ago.
- March 7, 2017 at 6:27 am #3747585
I apologize if this is already going on somewhere… but I thought it would be beneficial to start a daily written 10th step here. Maybe it’ll help me with accountability. 🙂
So here goes… I probably won’t post the whole outline each time but I thought it might help to get started…
10th Step Guidelines
It’s a good idea to start with a prayer. For example:
“God, please help me review my day. Please grant me the willingness to see what you would have me see, in the light you would have me see it: free from morbid reflection, fear, obsessive guilt, and dishonesty.”
The following guide is drawn verbatim from Alcoholics Anonymous (pp. 84-86):
1. Was I resentful? No
2. Selfish? A little- I’m recovering from an injury and have to take care of myself right now. Don’t feel that it was a problem for anyone though.
3. Dishonest? No
4. Afraid? No
5. Do I owe an apology?No
6. Have I kept something to myself which should be discussed with another person at once?No
7. Was I kind and loving toward all? I guess. 🙂
8. What could I have done better? Not had a bunch of girl scout cookies. But seriously, I did pretty well today. I guess I could have made some calls.
9.Was I thinking of myself most of the time? yes- again, recovering from an injury.
10. Or was I thinking of what I could do for others, what I could pack into the mainstream of life? SAA
11. After making our review we ask God’s forgiveness and inquire what corrective measures should be taken.
At all times we continue to watch for selfishness, dishonesty, resentment, and fear. When these crop up we:
1. Ask God at once to remove them.
2. We discuss them with someone immediately.
3. And make amends quickly if we have harmed anyone.
4. Then we resolutely turn our thoughts to someone we can help.
I got the list from:
10th Step Guidelines
I also like to add the positive things I did for the day.
Got some much needed rest which is good for the healing.
Took my daughter to sell her Girl Scout cookies.
Made food for the week.
Spent the day with my family.March 8, 2017 at 6:52 pm #4888428
And yes- I forgot last night. Which is why I need this thread! Nothing eventful yesterday- I’m still holed up at home. I got really irritated with my daughter who was definitely misbehaving badly- don’t really know if that’s avoidable. I didn’t lash out at her though. She did get a grounding but she earned it. Other than that- life is slow due to this head injury. I’ll check back tomorrow.March 10, 2017 at 8:16 pm #4888429
Boring, Boring, Boring.. lol I’m still at home and will be for a couple of weeks. I did get out with a sponsee yesterday, which was nice. Ive spent a lot of time on this forum, and got involved in a debate that will probably never be solved. But I don’t think it was wrong for me to say what I said… anyhow, I’m trying to keep a positive attitude and not feel the slightest bit sorry for myself because I know this is temporary. The head injury. 🙂 It’s hard to do a 10th step when you’re at home all day. Not much to write about!!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.