This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Anonymous 8 years, 1 month ago.
- March 17, 2017 at 12:08 am #4888430
I have been slacking here. I feel like I have nothing going on because I haven’t been doing anything- but truth is I did get a little resentment earlier in the week. I think I’m done with it- or stopped it from developing. By talking about it on this forum. I think we are all selfish to an extent, I really only consider it if I’m stepping on someone’s toes, developing resentments, etc. I am always slightly afraid, and should be afraid of things that are legitimately scary, and can cause harm, but I try not to live in fear. Progress~March 18, 2017 at 4:54 am #4888431
1. Was I resentful? No
2. Selfish? probably
3. Dishonest? to myself-yes- decided to buy a pack of cigarettes after a week of quitting
4. Afraid? yes- scared to gain weight after quitting smoking- afraid I won’t stay on my food plan b/c I have been picking.
5. Do I owe an apology? No
6. Have I kept something to myself which should be discussed with another person at once? No
7. Was I kind and loving toward all? Yes
8. What could I have done better? Not bought the pack of cigarettes, Not smoked 2 of them, not obsessed all day about it.
9.Was I thinking of myself most of the time? yes
10. Or was I thinking of what I could do for others, what I could pack into the mainstream of life? not really. I did go to a meeting with a sponsee but I really wanted to stay home.
11. After making our review we ask God’s forgiveness and inquire what corrective measures should be taken. I already soaked the cigarettes so I don’t have any left. I need to let the obsession go.March 18, 2017 at 8:19 pm #4888418
@DayTrader 2900056 wrote:
In 4 yrs I don’t think I’ve had ONE day where I could say no to all of the first 4.
Matter of fact, if I look closely enough, I don’t recall a day where I couldn’t find at least SOME influence of fear during the day.
Maybe I’ll get there one of these days….. 🙂
Yanno, I’m GLAD my days aren’t that “perfect” cuz when things are reeeeeally going my way and I think (or am deluded into believing) that I’m doing “that well,” I’ll tell ya what…… I sure as heck don’t need God very much anymore.
a little fear can and probably will creep up now and then and I think it not too much to worry about when you have the tools we have.I prayed this little but powerful fear prayer several times this week,especially when I drove over that big Mississippi River bridge cause it scares me…lol
God please remove this fear and direct my attention to what you would have it be ( like my driving…lol… do not look down)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.