Take The Steps Towards Addiction Treatment
Taking that first step toward recovery from drug or alcohol addiction can be the most difficult decision you or a loved one can make. There is an addiction treatment program that is open ended, with an average 30 – 90 day stay that can make the difference in your recovery. With an addiction treatment program you can get off to a great start and for the first time, have a solid foundation , and have an addiction treatment program that you can accept and believe in. The addiction treatment program that offers the greatest flexibility is a new alternative to the typical 12-step program and gives clients a chance to find their own path to drug addiction recovery. You will reap the benefits of this unique and successful approach to addiction treatment.
A 12-Step Addiction Treatment Center
Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) is recognized around the world for creating the 12 steps, a comprehensive program that leads to addiction recovery. If you are struggling with alcoholism or drug addiction, understanding the 12 steps can help you to decide if a 12 step addiction treatment center is right for you. So what are the AA 12 steps of addiction recovery?
1. We admitted we were powerless over alcohol—that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His Will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
The 12 step treatment program is founded on the belief that giving yourself up to a higher power is key to recovering from your addiction. In other words, after you have realized you have a problem with drugs or alcohol and that some of the elements of your addiction are out of your control, you will be in a better position to accept the things you cannot control and to get the treatment you need.
A Drug Addiction Treatment Program Based On The 12 Steps Can Work For You
It’s important to realize that you aren’t alone. People from all walks of life suffer from addiction. Sometimes reading the 12 steps may seem overwhelming and that is why enrolling in a 12 step drug addiction treatment program can give you a foundation in this model of recovery. Residential treatment centers offer you the support of counselors as well as others struggling with their own addiction. By experiencing your recovery journey with others facing the same challenges as you, you are much more likely to overcome your addiction. Rehabilitation at a 12 step treatment center provides you with the guidance and support system you need to get clean and stay off drugs and alcohol. Continuing to work the 12 steps through a local AA/NA support group also plays a key part in long term sobriety.